The devastation of Hurricane Harvey has left many homes and businesses with significant damage and some without shelter at all. With catastrophic flooding and extensive devastation from the hurricane-force winds, some areas are left unrecognizable. Damaged properties have left many victims left without everything from power to a place to live altogether.
There is so much we can do as company can do to assist those in need, but one major way we can help our great neighbors of Houston is with affordable payment solutions to repair or replace your damaged air conditioning units immediately while you wait for insurance claims to come through. We know how frustrating it can be to wait on insurance companies to take care of damages and provide payouts. During such a devastating situation, we want to be there for our Houston, TX customers and want to make this overwhelming situation as easy as possible.
Give Us a Call Today If You Need Immediate Assistance!
At RAS A/C & Heating Services, our Houston, TX customers are our number one priority and we will always be there for them in any time of need. If you are someone who is experiencing issues with your air conditioning unit from Hurricane Harvey and need immediate replacement or repair, please give us a call and we will take care of you as soon as possible and have your unit up and running while you wait for your insurance claim. Are you having issues dealing with your insurance company? We can also assist you with filing your claim. Give us a call today!
When those colder fall and winter months come around, you
want to be sure you are prepared to have your furnace fully functioning to keep
your home or business at a comfortable temperature. There are few things you
should do to prepare your furnace, but before you do anything, be sure to shut
down your system!
Over time, your combustion chamber will begin to build up soot, which could cause corrosion to the walls. The walls should be scraped of any build-up and then be inspected for any holes or corrosion before replacing the cover.
It is very important to have your exhaust flue inspected for any holes. It not only compromises efficiency, but can also leak carbon monoxide.
One of the most important factors to your furnace is your air filter. It is the air in your home you and your family will be breathing throughout the entire fall and winter. This should never be unchanged for no longer than a year. If you have an oil powered heating system, be sure to replace your oil filter to avoid a misfire. This could lead to shutting down your system.
Efficiency is always important when it come to your furnace, especially when using it costs money. That is why before starting it up, you should measure gasses and adjust your burner for optimum efficiency. One thing to look out for is that fuel is being burned before it goes up in to your chimney.
Your furnace emits heat through the vents of your home, but they must be cleaned. Anything from dust and pet hair to food scraps and small objects can clog them up, costing your furnace efficiency and having to crank it up.
Once you have completed these important steps, you are ready to go! If you are not sure how to perform these, then give the professionals at RAS A/C & Heating Services a call!
Scheduling routine air conditioning maintenance is the best thing you can do to ensure you are staying cool all summer long. But there is one vital thing that you can do yourself between maintenance to ensure that your AC will run smoothly, changing the filter in the air system. Standard air filters typically need to be changed once every 1-3 months, depending on a variety of factors. It is a simple step to take, but one that can have huge benefits on the longevity of your machine.
A dirty filter is a huge problem for your air conditioning unit. While you may not see dust floating in the air of your home it may be getting inside of your HVAC system causing it to run less efficiently. A dirty air filter can create excessive airflow resistance in the system. This will cause the AC to work harder than it should have to in cooling your home. That, in turn, will drive up your energy bills — likely at the same time that your comfort is decreasing!
This leaves your system vulnerable to overheating and cycle shortening increasing the wear and tear on your system. The restricted airflow could cause condensation to freeze on the evaporator coil, as well. That insulation will impede the cooling process, and ice melting off of the coil as it warms could overwhelm the condensate drain assembly and cause water damage to the area surrounding the unit.
At the end of the day, filters are cheap, and they are very easy to swap out. Protect your equipment and your comfort so you can stay cool!
It’s very easy to tell that your air conditioning isn’t working sometimes. But other times, it requires a bit of a social look. Here are six things to watch out for when trying to determine whether you need a new A/C system.
1) No Cool Air – this is, of course, one of the easier ways to tell. If the air coming from your vents isn’t cold, even when turned up high, give RAS a call.
2) Poor Air Flow – if there is cold air, but very little of it, coming through your vents, the compressor may be shot. If certain rooms in your home feel cooler than others, the problem may be with your duct work. Give RAS a call.
3) Thermostat Issues – sometimes, the trouble is with the thermostat itself, not the system. Give RAS a call to be sure.
4) Moisture Where It Shouldn’t Be – if you notice the refrigerant leaking or water pooling next to your A/C system, give RAS a call.
5) Strange Noises – if you hear squealing, grating, or grinding coming from your system, it may not be a major problem now, but it could lead to one. Call RAS for help.
6) Strange Smells – if you notice foul odors coming from your vents, it may mean mold or a burned-out wire in your system. Call RAS today.
If anything should go wrong with your air conditioning this summer, call on RAS A/C & Heating Services. We provide A/C repair, service, and installation to residents of the Houston, Texas area!
Springtime is here, and that means it’s time to get your HVAC system ready for the season. Cross HVAC maintenance off your spring cleaning to-do list early this year, and you’ll thank us later.
Eliminate Hidden Allergens
Just because you can’t see dirt, dust, and mold doesn’t mean it’s not there. These allergens are known for hiding inside HVAC equipment and getting trapped. As they settle, mold and bacteria can breed and contaminate your air supply all summer long.
Minimize Energy Costs
In the warmest months, energy costs are high enough as it is. Keep in mind, blockage and leaks, and low refrigerant can drive up your monthly energy bills even more. Instead of ignoring this, take time for seasonal maintenance in priority areas and you’ll see the benefits in better system performance.
Summers in Texas get hot, and many days this means that your AC system is working around the clock. This also means you’ll want to avoid breakdowns at all costs. Keeping up with maintenance and replacing your system before temperatures reach triple digits can help you avoid discomfort and save you money in the long run.
Spring is the right time to start thinking about the importance of maintenance for your HVAC system. For the best HVAC service in Texas, call us at RAS A/C & Heating Services.
Spring is here, which means allergy season is in full bloom! When it comes to combating your allergies in Houston, TX, having clean indoor air can help alleviate the symptoms. Poor indoor air quality can result from the accumulation of indoor pollutants in your home or office from dust, chemicals, mold, bacteria, gases and vapors. Other factors include in poor outdoor air intake, problems with indoor temperature air circulation and ventilation systems.
1. Check Furnace Filters: Check your filters monthly and replacing them every 30-90 days will help ensure that your furnace filters are working properly. Having a dirty furnace filter will inhibit air flow to your heating system causing it to overheat.
2. Inspect Your Furnace: Making sure that all of the components of your furnace are properly working will ensure that you are kept cool all winter.
3. Assess Room Temperature: When we leave our homes we tend to forget to down the thermostat. By regulating your thermostat with a programmable thermostat, smart thermostat or another temperature device you are saving money on your heating bills.
4. Check Your Air Ducts: If there are any leaks, loose joints or holes around your air duct this will cause the hot air to escape from your heating unit. Having that fixed can help keep your home warm without raising your energy bill.
5. Schedule Pre-Winter Maintenance: Schedule for maintenance on your HVAC system to ensure that everything is working properly. RAS A/C & Heating Services are one of the leading HVAC companies throughout greater Houston, TX. When you need winter maintenance for your heating system contact our team today!
Now that fall is officially here and summer has passed, it is time to prepare for the colder months ahead. A very important step in ensuring that your home or business is ready for the cooler weather is to make sure that your furnace or heating system is inspected.
During your Heating system inspection your HVAC technician will check some of the following in your unit:
Having a seasonal inspection of your furnace system can help you save money on your energy bill, avoid costly repairs in the future and provide up to date maintenance keeping your system working all season long.