These days, many Pearland homeowners prefer to handle repairs and maintenance needs around the house on their own. Of course, there are certain types of projects where the work is best left to the professionals. When you’re in need of heating repair, installation, or maintenance for your living space, consider consulting a service pro. Not only do you stand a better chance of having what’s likely to be a complex job performed correctly the first time, you can avoid the risk of a non-functional system when the temperature starts to dip.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind when calling in heating service experts is to anticipate your needs. This is even more crucial as the cold season approaches, as many companies are often booked by the time autumn has started to creep in. A good tip is to schedule your service request early on in order to avoid the seasonal rush, ensuring your family will have access to ample heat from the first cold day of the year.
Perhaps more importantly, heating repair, installation, and maintenance collectively is a very complicated field. Whether you’re implementing a whole new unit or simply tuning up your existing system, finding yourself caught without a functioning furnace is not ideal when winter hits. Worse yet, attempting to tackle technical jobs often leads to the need for more work to undo mistakes before true progress can be made.
It’s understandable that the D.I.Y. approach has caught on, as homeowners look not only to save money but also become more self-sufficient. However, it’s advisable to always keep one’s reasonable limits in mind. While you might think about changing your own oil, you probably wouldn’t want to rebuild your car’s whole engine without some solid training. Think similarly when it comes time to arrange for heating repair, installation, or maintenance in your Pearland home.
It’s very easy to tell that your air conditioning isn’t working sometimes. But other times, it requires a bit of a social look. Here are six things to watch out for when trying to determine whether you need a new A/C system.
1) No Cool Air – this is, of course, one of the easier ways to tell. If the air coming from your vents isn’t cold, even when turned up high, give RAS a call.
2) Poor Air Flow – if there is cold air, but very little of it, coming through your vents, the compressor may be shot. If certain rooms in your home feel cooler than others, the problem may be with your duct work. Give RAS a call.
3) Thermostat Issues – sometimes, the trouble is with the thermostat itself, not the system. Give RAS a call to be sure.
4) Moisture Where It Shouldn’t Be – if you notice the refrigerant leaking or water pooling next to your A/C system, give RAS a call.
5) Strange Noises – if you hear squealing, grating, or grinding coming from your system, it may not be a major problem now, but it could lead to one. Call RAS for help.
6) Strange Smells – if you notice foul odors coming from your vents, it may mean mold or a burned-out wire in your system. Call RAS today.
If anything should go wrong with your air conditioning this summer, call on RAS A/C & Heating Services. We provide A/C repair, service, and installation to residents of the Houston, Texas area!
Springtime is here, and that means it’s time to get your HVAC system ready for the season. Cross HVAC maintenance off your spring cleaning to-do list early this year, and you’ll thank us later.
Eliminate Hidden Allergens
Just because you can’t see dirt, dust, and mold doesn’t mean it’s not there. These allergens are known for hiding inside HVAC equipment and getting trapped. As they settle, mold and bacteria can breed and contaminate your air supply all summer long.
Minimize Energy Costs
In the warmest months, energy costs are high enough as it is. Keep in mind, blockage and leaks, and low refrigerant can drive up your monthly energy bills even more. Instead of ignoring this, take time for seasonal maintenance in priority areas and you’ll see the benefits in better system performance.
Summers in Texas get hot, and many days this means that your AC system is working around the clock. This also means you’ll want to avoid breakdowns at all costs. Keeping up with maintenance and replacing your system before temperatures reach triple digits can help you avoid discomfort and save you money in the long run.
Spring is the right time to start thinking about the importance of maintenance for your HVAC system. For the best HVAC service in Texas, call us at RAS A/C & Heating Services.
Spring is here, which means allergy season is in full bloom! When it comes to combating your allergies in Houston, TX, having clean indoor air can help alleviate the symptoms. Poor indoor air quality can result from the accumulation of indoor pollutants in your home or office from dust, chemicals, mold, bacteria, gases and vapors. Other factors include in poor outdoor air intake, problems with indoor temperature air circulation and ventilation systems.
1. Check Furnace Filters: Check your filters monthly and replacing them every 30-90 days will help ensure that your furnace filters are working properly. Having a dirty furnace filter will inhibit air flow to your heating system causing it to overheat.
2. Inspect Your Furnace: Making sure that all of the components of your furnace are properly working will ensure that you are kept cool all winter.
3. Assess Room Temperature: When we leave our homes we tend to forget to down the thermostat. By regulating your thermostat with a programmable thermostat, smart thermostat or another temperature device you are saving money on your heating bills.
4. Check Your Air Ducts: If there are any leaks, loose joints or holes around your air duct this will cause the hot air to escape from your heating unit. Having that fixed can help keep your home warm without raising your energy bill.
5. Schedule Pre-Winter Maintenance: Schedule for maintenance on your HVAC system to ensure that everything is working properly. RAS A/C & Heating Services are one of the leading HVAC companies throughout greater Houston, TX. When you need winter maintenance for your heating system contact our team today!
Now that fall is officially here and summer has passed, it is time to prepare for the colder months ahead. A very important step in ensuring that your home or business is ready for the cooler weather is to make sure that your furnace or heating system is inspected.
During your Heating system inspection your HVAC technician will check some of the following in your unit:
Having a seasonal inspection of your furnace system can help you save money on your energy bill, avoid costly repairs in the future and provide up to date maintenance keeping your system working all season long.
Imagine you come home from work on a hot, humid Texas day and find that your air conditioning system is not working! Don’t let this happen to you. Make sure to have your air conditioning system inspected to avoid this! Sure problems may still arise but you can take care of them right at that moment to ensure you don’t come home to a sauna.
There are many beneficial reasons to have your air conditioning system inspected yearly.
Here Are Three Reasons Why:
Saves Energy: With a clean, inspected ac system you will preserve energy, lowering your utility bills and cooling your home!
Helps Prevent Unnecessary Repairs: Minor issues such as unusual noises, clogged air filters and holes or leaks in your ducts are minor issues that can be fixed with a yearly inspection. These will help prevent major, expensive repairs in the future .
Lowers Utility Bills: By having minor issues repaired and improving your energy efficiency this in turn will lower your utility bills
The optimal time to have your air conditioner inspected is the spring/summertime. You do not want to have discomfort in your home when the heat strikes.